Chalkboard A-frame signage is a must if you have a business that changes up its offering regularly.
These wooden A-Boards are perfect for menus and events, as wayfinders, or as promo drivers. They are ever popular in the hospitality industry for their ease of use.
We can print a logo or brand on our chalkboards and leave space for additional messages, but they are not suitable for permanent outdoor use as they are not waterproof.
The hospitality industry has historically loved a chalkboard as a marketing tool. they are sturdy, can be easily changed up with just some simple chalk or chalk pens, and are ideal for driving footfall. They can be used as menus, outdoor signage, and way-finding (not quite as cool as Kylo Ren's Wayfinder but infinitely less destructive)
We can print these in full CMYK inks so that they have a design or logo on them at all times and we can leave the majority of the A-board plan, ready for writing. We are loathed to equate these to a cheap marketing tool but they really are an inexpensive and efficient way of consistent promotion.
Our chalkboards are made of dark brown solid wood and double-painted for added protection. They can be placed indoors and out. Along with steel hinges and brass chains, they can be easily folded and unfolded for daily use.
We can print the same design on both sides in full-color CMYK UV inks so that your design will last when the chalkboard sign is outside.
Top tip: Always position the chalkboard on a flat even surface.
VAT applicable and free UK delivery* exceptions apply.
Once you have placed your order you can upload your print ready artwork. When supplying artwork for Chalk boards, please supply 1 multi-layered PDF as follows.
• CMYK PDF, preferably in PDF/x4 format.
• Outline or embed fonts
• 150 dpi resolution
• Please allow quiet borders of at least 10mm (ideally 25 mm)
How to set up your chalk board artwork.
1. First, we create two new swatches. One is called “Spot_1” and the other is called “Spot_2”. These both need to be set to Color Type – Spot Color and 100% Black.
2. Now, we create the elements that we want to use within the design. This should be placed on the Artwork layer, and at the bottom of the list.
3. We then create the White elements and place them on the Spot_1 layer. We then apply our “Spot_1” swatch colour to all these graphics.
4. Then, we duplicate these graphics and apply them to the “Spot_2” layer and apply the Spot_2 swatch colour to this layer’s graphics.
5. Lastly, we select both the Spot_1 graphics and the Spot_2 graphics, and we set these both to Overprint Fill.
For a step-by-step guide on how to set up your chalk board artwork, please see our help centre guide for more information.
We are working hard to mitigate our environmental impact and are following an emissions reduction program to lower our direct and indirect emissions which will lead us to Net Zero by 2040.
We are working hard to introduce more environmentally credible products in our range and we encourage you to consider using more of those products.
Tradeprint supports Two Sides, the print and paper advocacy group that aims to dispel myths around greenwashing and promote paper as a truly sustainable product.
We are committed to reducing waste and in particular aiming to eliminate problematic plastics from our printing and fulfilment operation.Read full Environmental policy here.