To check, finish, and pack print work to the highest possible standards, and to maintain and develop Tradeprint's Quality Assurances, in accordance with agreed specifications from clients or procedures.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Prepare for operation and operate all Finishing Equipment, or designated finishing equipment within the Print Factory as required and directed by the Production Lead. Such equipment will include; Polar Guillotines, Stahl Folders, Horizon Stitching Lines, Autobond Laminators, General Finishing or other equipment as necessary or required. Such operations will be carried out on a revolving shift rota, including night shifts. Such shifts may change in their structure to suit the development of the business.
· Provide additional cover for any Finishing Process within the Factory in the absence of any Finisher / Assistant or Production Supervisors e.g. holidays & sickness, busy periods, etc.
· Ensure all work produced is of a high quality and good productivity standards are achieved. Such work to be regularly checked throughout the finishing process. Work produced to be logged as appropriate to record date / operator and quantity produced. Where applicable samples are to be filed.
· Ensure all machinery used is maintained in a clean and safe operating condition. Daily safety checks are to be carried out on each machine. Machines are to be used strictly in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
· Report any malfunctions or breakdowns immediately to the Production Supervisor.
· Operate any other Print Finishing machinery (if suitably trained or supervised), to assist in making any deadlines as instructed by Production Lead.
· Assist within the Packing department of the factory as and when instructed by Production Supervisor.
· Ensure all working practices are in line with Tradeprint’s continuing Quality Assurances, including those set out by ISO9001 /14001
· Ensure all working practices are in line with Tradeprint’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, including the wearing and use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment or clothing issued or supplied.
· Monitor all stock levels of raw materials and consumables required for the continued operation of Print Finishing Machinery and report any discrepancies or low stock levels to Production Supervisor.
· Such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with the level of responsibility.
· All staff will make reasonable efforts to attend and assist with the Company’s on-going and developing Training Programmes and Initiatives.
It would be great if they brought:
This role is a permanent full-time role, based in our Dundee factory. In this role, you will work 40 hours a week, in a range of shift patterns between 10pm Sunday, and 10pm Friday.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could flourish, please get in touch.