To prepare plates for production ensuring the presses are always kept supplied. To ensure that all plate lines are clean and maintained as per published procedures and to monitor stock levels of all plates and consumables.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· To ensure the plates are processed and made available to the printers without delay. To ensure the Platemakers are stocked at the end of each shift, chemistry use is checked and replenished as required and the plate room is “handed over” correctly for the next shift.
· Perform DAILY Safety Checks on all Plate Makers and Processors.
· Measuring the chemistry in the processors and ensuring they are at the optimum conductivity.
· To pack and prepare the plates safely and securely to avoid damage to the plates. PPE MUST be worn for this activity.
· To maintain a stock Rota of plates ensuring that older stock is used before new stock.
· Provide additional cover within the Print Factory in the absence of any Packer or Print Assistant e.g. holidays & sickness, busy periods, etc.
· Ensure any machinery / equipment used are maintained in a clean and safe operating condition.
· Ensure the CTP room is always kept in a clean and tidy manner.
· Report any malfunctions, damages, or breakdowns immediately to the Printer and Production Supervisor.
· Ensure all working practices are in line with companies Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, including the wearing and use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment or clothing issued or supplied.
· Monitor all stock levels of raw materials and report any discrepancies or low stock levels to the Production Supervisor. This includes items such as Plates, Gums, Cleaning Solutions, Filters and Other Consumables
· Such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with the level of responsibility.
· All staff will make reasonable efforts to attend and assist with the Company’s on-going and developing Training Programs and Initiatives.
It would be great if they brought:
This role is a permanent full-time role, based in our Dundee factory. In this role, you will work 40 hours a week, in a range of shift patterns between 10pm Sunday, and 10pm Friday.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could flourish, please get in touch.