As Assistant Production Manager you will lead, motivate and develop your team of operators in line with the company values, policies and procedures.
With a focus on safety, quality and continuous improvement you will analyse data and form an awareness of current practices to identify opportunities for improvement across these areas.
Building a pipeline of projects and initiatives aligned with the company OKR’s, you will coordinate the efforts to achieve success and review progress using systems to track and monitor KPI’s and metrics.
You will be a spokesperson for the benefits of 5S and a health and safety culture engaging stakeholders across the business, demonstrating progress and highlighting improvements.
As a key contributor to the production management team, you’ll use your great communication skills to keep your team and stakeholders updated on progress and highlight any issues that will cause drift and impact targets.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor quality standards and ensure they are being maintained across the production plant, conducting inspections, investigating issues and making recommendations
- Liaise with Customer Success and Fulfilment teams to ensure the effective resolution of claims, monitoring levels, investigating issues and recommending and implementing process changes as a result
- Own Health & Safety across the production plant, ensuring that all policies are being adhered to, that appropriate, support training and guidance is in place and reporting on accidents and near misses
- Lead the effort to improve Environment, Quality, Health & Safety standards throughout the plant
- Identify opportunities to reduce waste, costs and lead on continuous improvement initiatives
- Encourage, motivate, and develop your team to maintain morale and achieve production targets
- Manage unsatisfactory performance, absence and probation for your team, partnering with HR when required and input into performance reviews
- Utilise data and software to set KPI’s and monitor team and individual performance
- Own the communication efforts in your team with regular team briefs, shift handovers
- Contribute to wider production projects and OKR’s, taking responsibility for the delivery of project actions to agreed deadlines
- Deputise for the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager and the Leads when required, stepping up and down as appropriate to cover absence and meet operational requirements
It is essential that post holder has:
- Experience of leading a team in a manufacturing environment
- An understanding of Health and Safety regulations and knowledge of best practice H&S in a manufacturing environment
- An energetic and motivated approach
- Previous exposure to Lean, Agile, TQM or similar methodologies
- The ability thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good IT skills
- Experience in print manufacturing
It would be great if the postholder brought:
- A health and safety qualification, IOSH, NEBOSH or similar
- Experience of resource and capacity planning
This is not an exhaustive list and all employees are expected to carry out other reasonable duties that may be required to meet the needs of the business.